10 Ways Therapists Can Help Post-COVID Patients
RehabVisions works with our facility partners to help educate communities and patients about the value of therapy services—which have been all the more essential this year. With nearly all states experiencing a surge in COVID-19 cases, now is the time to talk about how physical, occupational and speech therapy can be a great service for patients recovering from COVID-19.
These “10 ways therapists can help post-COVID patients” can get both referral sources and potential patients thinking about therapy services as part of recovery.
- Aerobic training to improve cardiovascular and pulmonary health while monitoring rate of exertion
- Strength training to regain lost muscle strength
- Endurance training to decrease fatigue and increase participation in pre-COVID activities
- Balance training to reduce fall risk
- Training to improve mobility and return to prior function
- Training on strategies and techniques to increase independence and safety
- Assessment of vital signs during therapy to provide the just-right challenge
- Education and training in home exercise programs
- Energy conservation skills and work simplification techniques
- Assistance with swallowing difficulties due to reduced respiratory support or ventilator use
For help managing all aspects of your rehab department, get in touch with our contract therapy services team.